Poboxnews | “Transfer Outlook Contacts to Thunderbird” Then, don’t worry here you get the simple and easy solution to do the conversion process of importing Outlook contacts into Thunderbird.
As Outlook is one of the popular email clients which is used for personal and business usage. For most Outlook users, contacts are essential components in a mailbox. Like if the organization syncs Outlook contacts with Thunderbird.
Then, there is no need to worry as the contacts are transferred. Therefore, due to vCard both the email clients support this file format. Hence, it suggested migrating Outlook contacts to Mozilla Thunderbird format for data migration-Poboxnews.
Let us start the article with a reliable solution to import Outlook contacts to Thunderbird.
“Hi, I am using Outlook on my Windows PC. For the last week by mistake, I deleted data from my Windows 10 hard drive. Now, I want to recover my PST files but I am not able to reinstall Microsoft Outlook. That’s why I have decided to move to Thunderbird. But I do not know how to migrate Microsoft Outlook 2013 contacts to Thunderbird. Does anyone know the method to export contacts from Outlook 2013 to Thunderbird? Please suggest it to me!”
It must be clear from the above scenario, what is the necessity to migrate contacts from Outlook to Thunderbird. In the next section, we will be telling you the other reasons for importing Outlook address books into the Thunderbird mail client.
Reasons for Transferring Outlook Contacts to Thunderbird
There are many reasons why users transfer Outlook contacts to Thunderbird. Most users prefer Thunderbird due to its simple and easy GUI which provides users much more email experience than any other email client. The other reason is it is an open-source code that is easily available and customizable.
On the other hand, MS Outlook is a paid service. And, we know that startup culture is mostly in favor of Thunderbird because it doesn’t cost a penny. Now, in the next section, we will discuss a method to transfer the address book from Outlook to Thunderbird.
Migrate Outlook Contacts to Thunderbird – Techniques
There are two ways in which the Outlook address book is moved to the Mozilla Thunderbird email client-Poboxnews.
- Safe Way to Import Outlook to Thunderbird (Recommended)
- Transfer Outlook Address Book to Thunderbird Manually (Secure)
“Still questions arise for how to extract contacts from Outlook to Thunderbird? But, don’t worry in the below section you will get an instant solution to complete your task risk-free. Let’s begin!”
Reliable Solution to Transfer Multiple Outlook Contacts to Thunderbird
In the above process, you need Outlook installed on your system. In this case, if you have an orphan PST file, the above method does not work because you will not be able to transfer PST to CSV. So, in this case, we have provided an ultimate solution for this problem.
You can go with an automated solution Microsoft Outlook PST Export Software. It is designed as a user-friendly interface for technical & non-technical users to perform tasks easily. This tool will instantly migrate Outlook 2003, 2007, 2010, 2016, and 2019 contacts to Thunderbird without any hassle.
Stepwise Guide to the software
Go stepwise to complete your task successfully without losing any data files & time-saving process to transfer Outlook contacts to Thunderbird:-
- Launch the software on your Windows PC. And, Add a PST file.
- Now, Emails Load on Preview Panel
- It provides Nine options to Export PST like Normal Mail View, Hex View, Properties View, Email Hop View, RTF View, Message Header View, MIME View, & Attachments View.
- Finally, click on Export Button for Conversion.
Transfer Outlook Contacts to Mozilla Thunderbird Manually
There are two steps for the manual method. First, you need to convert Outlook PST contacts into CSV files, and secondly, you need to import CSV into Thunderbird. Let us start working on these two manual steps to transfer Outlook contacts to Thunderbird:-
Step 1:- Migrate Outlook Contacts into CSV Format
- Launch your Microsoft Outlook on your system. And click on the “File” from the navigation panel.
- Browse to the file or folder list. Then, hit on the “Advanced Options”
- You will see the Import/Export option. And select the “Export to a file” option from the windows and hit on “Next”
- A new window will appear. Choose “ Comma Separated Values (Windows)” from the given drop-down list which you want to export.
- Now, move to the location of the file where you want to save the exported CSV contacts.
- Then, select the “Next” button in the “Export to File” window.
- Finally, click on the Finish button to import Microsoft Outlook contacts to Thunderbird.
Step 2: Export CSV to Mozilla Thunderbird
- Firstly, Open your Thunderbird. Click on the ”Tools” from the right navigation panel. Select “Import” from the drop-down menu.
- Now, select the Radio Button alongside the “Address Book” option. Choose “Next”
- Then, click on “Text File” (.tab, .,LDIF, .csv, .txt) from the list of available options. Hit on “Next”
- Go to the desired location where you want to save your exported Outlook contacts and double-click on the CSV file.
- After that, select the checkbox next to “The first record contains field names”
- Choose the “Move Up” and “Move Down” buttons to match the Outlook contact fields to those in Thunderbird.
- Finally, click on the OK and then click to “Finish”.
In the above blog, we have discussed the manual and automated methods to transfer Outlook contacts to Thunderbird. Here users can choose any of the techniques but it is highly recommended to use an automated solution that is more easy and quick. It also enables the users to export Outlook 2010, 2013, and 2016 address books into Mozilla Thunderbird in a few clicks.