QuickBooks Desktop is quite handy for your day-to-day accounting tasks. For example, you can manage your transactions, generate receipts and also calculate taxes with the help of QuickBooks. But sometimes, you might encounter errors while using the accounting software, such as QuickBooks error code C=51
We’ll look at the basic information related to QuickBooks Error Code C=51, and the reasons invoke error c=51. Also, we’ll discuss all the possible methods to help you troubleshoot the error on your own.
What is QuickBooks Error Code C-51?
You will encounter QuickBooks Error Code C=51 when your QuickBooks desktop software fails to locate “TxList.” The QuickBooks Error C=51 will be highlighted at a moment when you are looking for a text list to delete it and don’t find it. Also, it can occur while you attempt to delete any transaction from a report.
Reasons Behind QuickBooks Error Code C=51
There could be multiple reasons which trigger the QuickBooks Error Code C=51. First, however, you must know what is causing such issue, so let’s take a look at some of them:
- There could be many issues with the QuickBooks verification or QuickBooks Rebuild Error.
- Damage to the QuickBooks Company files.
- The QuickBooks Database server may be damaged or corrupted.
- Improper or incorrect updates of the QuickBooks Desktop can also cause QuickBooks Error C=51.
Simple Tricks for Resolving QuickBooks Error Code C=51
Some simple tricks which you can employ to resolve QuickBooks Error Code C=51 before trying out all the intensive methods:
- Turn off the QuickBooks Desktop and all the running windows within the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Reboot the QuickBooks Desktop software.
- Try to repeat the action during which you encountered this error.
Methods to Troubleshoot QuickBooks error code C=51
Get the latest methods in order to troubleshoot the QuickBooks error code C=51:
Method 1: Update QuickBooks Desktop Software
- Open your QuickBooks Desktop application by double-clicking on the desktop icon.
- Go to the “Help” menu and choose the “Update QuickBooks Desktop” option.
- Switch to the “Update Now” tab and click on the “Get Updates” option.
- Wait for some time until all the updates are downloaded successfully.
Method 2: Close all the QuickBooks Processes
- Hit the “Ctrl + Alt + Shift” key combination on your keyboards.
- Choose “Task Manager” from amongst all the other choices.
- Look for all the files related to QuickBooks.
- Select them or right-click on them and then choose “End Task.”
- Finally, after closing all the QuickBooks processes, rebuild the data in a proper format.
Method 3: Verify and Rebuild the Data in the QuickBooks Desktop
- Open your QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Go to the “Files” menu and click on “Utilities.”
- Under the “Utilities,” you’ll find the “Verify Data” option,
- Click on the “Verify Data” and wait until the scan is over.
- If the QuickBooks display “QuickBooks Detected No Problems with The Data,” you don’t require anything more than that.
- If you get “Data has lost integrity,” it indicates damage in the QuickBooks Company file.
- You’ll have to rebuild the data to repair the damage in QuickBooks company files.
Steps to Rebuild the Data
- Again, go to the “Files” menu and later to the “Utilities” tab.
- In the “Utilities” option, choose the “Rebuild Data” option.
- Go ahead with creating a backup for all the company files.
- Soon, you’ll receive the “Rebuild has Completed” message and click on “OK.”
- Just to be on the safe side, repeat the steps for verifying the data mentioned above for the successful rebuild of data.
Method 4: Use the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
- First, download the latest version of the “QuickBooks Tool Hub.”
- Install the tool hub by launching the toolhub.exe file.
- Later, open the QuickBooks Tool Hub and go to the “Company File Issues.”
- Click on the “Run QuickBooks File Doctor” tab, and then the tool hub troubleshoots the issues.
- Wait until the tool hub fixes all the errors you are facing while accessing the QuickBooks Company Files.
You may also read : The Ultimate Guide To Entertainment Blogs
As we approach the end of this blog, we believe that now you know what QuickBooks Error Code C=51 and all the associated trigger points of the error. Also, following all the steps mentioned under different methods will help resolve the error efficiently.
If you face any problems at any particular action, then you can connect with our 24/7 QuickBooks error support team of experts at 1-800-761-1787.