Practice is the key to your glory if a candidate is serious about clearing the CAT exam with a good percentile. CAT Sample Paper is the best way to start your practice to ace the exam. Sample Papers are a great medium to know the exam environment beforehand.
Practising sample papers is handy if a candidate wants to score high in the exam. Effective preparation requires a strategic plan. Knowing the questions asked in the exam and being familiar with the pattern will help the candidates to build an effective structured plan.
CAT is the country’s most sought-after MBA Entrance Exam. One of the IIMs administered conducts the CAT exam. It is conducted for candidates who wish to pursue an MBA from top colleges in India, such as S.P Jain Institute of Management and Research, Faculty of Management Studies, etc.
CAT Exam consists of three sections, Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension (VARC), Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR), and Quantitative Aptitude (QA).
CAT Paper Pattern: Marking Scheme
The marking scheme of the CAT Sample paper is the same as the main exam as these papers serve as a replica of the CAT exam. Go through these details to know how to prepare for the exam efficiently.
|Section||MCQ||TITA Questions||Marks(MCQ)||Marks(TITA)||Total marks|
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||20-21||4-5||+3, -1||+3, no negative||78|
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning||20-21||2-3||+3, -1||+3, no negative||72|
|Quantitative Ability||20-21||4-5||+3, -1||+3, no negative||78|
Information about all three sections is given below. Candidates must go through this information to prepare an effective preparation plan.
VARC is the first section to be attempted in the exam. It consists of two subparts: Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension.
DILR is the 2nd section of the CAT exam and will be attempted after the VARC section. It is further subdivided into two sections: Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning.
Quantitative Aptitude is the last section to be solved in the CAT exam. The aptitude syllabus is the largest among the three sections. Therefore, most of the time is spent preparing the QA section.
Take a look at some key points of these sections:
- Verbal Ability – Para jumbles, Summary Based Questions, Sentence exclusion questions.
- Reading Comprehension – RC passages.
- Quantitative Ability – Number System, Algebra, Geometry, Arithmetic, Mensuration.
- Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning – Seating Arrangement, Reasoning Based DI, Grid-Based DI, Graphs. Tables, Data Caselets
CAT Sample Paper 2022
CAT Sample Paper is a replica of the CAT exam, including login, sectional MCQs, screen calculators, timers, etc., which helps candidates get acquainted with the real exam-like environment IIM also offers a separate CAT mock test 2022 for candidates with low vision.
If you are looking for the best practice material. In that case, you can attempt the paper tests online or offline as per your requirement of different difficulty levels to level up your preparation.
You can go through the exam details before attempting the exam and then start solving the practice test.
Hold the exam pattern, and then work on enhancing your skills.
Advantages of CAT Sample Papers
There are several advantages of solving CAT sample paper 2022. It enables you to improve your scores systematically. Candidates must go through the given details to help them understand the importance of practising.
- Time management is a crucial aspect of an exam. Solving sample papers will increase the speed of solving questions, helping better time management.
- Creating new questions is a tough job; therefore, these questions are not included in the study material. Practising new questions helps to strengthen the core concepts of a candidate.
- Solving these papers and mock tests with a running timer helps the candidate get used to the exam-like environment. This helps reduce the anxiety and pressure of sitting in an exam unprepared.
- Sample papers help in self-assessment. Candidates can find flaws and weak areas and work on them accordingly. To score well in the exam, candidates must know how to analyze their weak and strong points and work accordingly.
- These papers concentrate on all the exam topics rather than the text questions of each chapter. It provides questions on all the topics giving the benefit of all-inclusive preparation.
- Practicing these papers helps increase the speed of solving questions more accurately. A candidate gets familiarised with the questions asked and can solve them quickly.
- After knowing the strengths and weaknesses, the aspirants can decide which questions to attempt and which to take up later. Such minor changes can make a huge impact on your overall scores.
Important Preparation Tips
CAT is a very tough exam. Therefore, to succeed you need a good strategy and preparation timetable. Maintaining consistency with the schedule and hard work are keys to preparing CAT exam. Here are some tips to help you prepare and ace your exam:
- It is important to read the news. Therefore start your day by reading the newspaper, latest news and headlines.
- Developing a reading habit proves to be very helpful during the exam. Reading speed increases by manifolds.
- Candidates must design their own strategy to solve CAT question papers by practising multiple sample papers.
- Make short notes of the important formulas of quant and revise them daily as it will be beneficial.
- Please don’t start with random topics. Schedule your daily topics, and then start working on them.
- Keep track of time while studying and even during practice.
- Solve at least one comprehension passage daily.
- Try to be consistent and avoid any days off.
Solving CAT sample papers and mock tests will help you overcome your weaker sections and fill the remaining gap. Therefore, practice is very important to ace any competitive exam. Candidates should know the question structure, and sample papers help you do so.
These papers help you concentrate on self-assessment and know where you are lagging.
Our website provides you with the best sample papers for the CAT exam. You can download these sample papers from our website.